Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Time Flies

Wow, does time get away from you during the holidays or what? work has been so super busy, end of year, audit, regulatory reports etc. and my 2 weeks flew by and here it is mid January. Was the Gator Bowl not the best bowl game? I cried through almost the whole thing, it was so bittersweet, i've never known FSU without Bobby Bowden. He was the coach there when I started in the late late late 70's (79 to be exact). It won't be the same without him! Here's to retirement for him and the next season for us.

I think our theme this year will be clean, paint & fix it around our house. We have so many remodeling projects hopefully we'll have enough money to complete them.

Found great deals at Publix last week!! so that will help with the money part some. Sirloin steaks for $1.99 a pound. I thought it was a misprint. Stocked up when I realized it wasn't. Will be enjoying some this weekend. Also found whole chickens for 69 cents per pound!! Unbelieveable. Hopefully they'll continue to have bargains like this. While shopping they were cooking their Publix meal for the week, it was a meatloaf sandwich. Quite tasty or so we (me & hubs) thought. Of course we purchased the fixings for this quick meal and I made it last Tuesday. My men (the other 2) were not the least bit impressed. They decided we must be really hungry!

This is what the Nole House is dining upon this week:

Sunday: Rigatoni & Italian Sausage & garlic bread
Monday: chicken soup and grilled cheese
Tuesday: Beef Pasta
Wednesday: Pigs in the blanket chips & dip
Thursday: Pork Chops, cheese potatos & squash w/onions
Friday: Fried Chicken and rice with roasted vegetables
Saturday: Fried Shrimp, French Fries & Cole Slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment