Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cooking trials

Now for what i've made for February...

Super Quick Chilil - didn't care for it...the taste was okay. We like ours with more kick and I think it's best to put it a crock pot or cook a lot longer for the favors to marry together. I really think that was all that was missing.

Bev's famous meatloaf ..I combined parts of each, so i guess that makes mine kinda better for you. I used lean ground beef (90% 10%) and subsituted the oats for the saltines. I usually use bread...couldn't tell the difference. Loved the sauce on top and the leftovers made for excellent sandwiches the following day for lunch. Keeper and my meatloaf is usually a thumbs down. So I was excited.

Chicken Parmesean from pioneer woman. Never made this before and the chicken parmeasean pizza made me decide to do it. Score....


Pork Chops with field peas - can't get much easier than this. it was tasty my crew liked it.


What's coming up:
Buttermilk fried chicken breasts with okra pilau
Linguine with sun dried tomatos
Banana Bread cobbler



I'm enjoying trying the new recipes, it's exciting!!! I still need to learn to break out and make some things that sound iffy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment