Friday, May 22, 2009

Graduation recap


Wow!!!! I now have a high school graduate!!!! I can still see him walking down the street on his first day of kindergarten. (not by himself....i had no idea the roads would be that packed so instead of being late on the 1st day his dad and he walked to school while I sat in traffic). Seems like yesterday.


It was an absolutely beautiful night for the ceremony. Normally it's hot and humid here in the panhandle. It was a little windy, slightly cloudy, no rain, no humidity. It was perfect. They all looked so cute marching down the field to their seats. You weren't supposed to clap or cheer until all the names had been read, but that is so hard. It's so exciting to see them cross that stage and get their diploma cover. School is work now. When my son was studying for the ACT he looked at one of my old study guides and said "You had to know this to get into college....I had to know this stuff to get out of middle school."


The sr. class prez gave a speech that began with "I can't believe we've done graduated". Her english teacher should be so proud. I'm going with she was nervous. I couldn't believe all the references to body functions and arrests that were made. Guess i'm getting old.
I saw my child for maybe 5 minutes. He ran up the steps to get a picture with his grandparents, then off to find the rest of his friends. Oh well, that's what high school is all about. Now, he has to put his gown back on after I iron it again(what a pain to iron, it's next to paper so the iron can't be too hot) and do it again so I can get pictures with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment